Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My Quality Time with Ken

Today, I spent the day with my son, Ken, who will be 50 next year. Slow down, son, you are making me older. ‘Twas a nice thought to spend the day with his Dad.

Ken came to the Valley to attend a Boeing planning seminar at the Sheraton in Mesa. On Sunday, we met at my house in Tempe, had lunch at Monti’s La Casa Vieja in Tempe, checked into the Sheraton in Mesa, watched the Cardinals beat the Cleveland Browns and the BCS Bowl Selections in his room and chowed down at dinner in the hotel restaurant. Ken telephoned Kim several times earlier in the day to get a play-by-play description of the San Diego Chargers football game, his favorite football team.

On Monday and Tuesday, Ken had meetings. Today, he drove me to the V.A. Hospital in Phoenix for my doctor’s appointment. While I was visiting with my doctor, he studied for a course pursuing his master’s degree at Biola University, a private Christian University in Southern California.

After leaving the hospital, Ken and I lunched at Durant’s, a legendary steakhouse in the heart of Phoenix. Not knowing what to do, we watched Sea Monsters, a 3-D movie at the IMAX Theater in Arizona Mills Mall.

What a day! It was a joy to be with my son. I can see that he inherited several of my traits. He likes school, enjoys researching, cheers for his favorite sports teams, is quiet and unassuming and is a great overall human being. :-) I love him very much.

No comments: