Sunday, September 07, 2008

2008 Diamondbacks

This year, I bought one of the D-Backs 10th anniversary packages. For $110, a person can buy ten tickets. My son and daughter also bought me one of the packages. The two packages allowed me to see ten games.


I took my grandson, Rob and his wife, Mel, to see one of the games, but for the remainder of the games, Alex went with me. Almost all of the games I chose, the D-backs were having a promotion. We were given T-shirts, duffle bags, bobbleheads of Bob Melvin, Eric Byrnes and Dan Haren, and an Eric Byrnes baseball cap--complete with blonde curls.

Although the tickets were reasonable, parking is $10 and the beers are $8.00 each. The rest of the drinks and food from the concessions were not cheap either. Being a cheapskate, I usually bought two bottles of water and a package of peanuts for $5.00 from a stand by the parking garage. Once in a great while Alex and I would buy a beer. I can't complain though. With the birthday gift tickets and the promotional items, I did alright with my expenses.


During the first seven games, the D-Backs were in first place. But as of yesterday, September 6, the Dodgers moved into first place by 1/2 game.


Not only are the games exciting, but the whole atmosphere is like a carnival with games for kids, tables in areas to visit and have a drink with a fellow sports fan. The organist is located in one of the areas and is approachable. He will sign autographs. And there is always something to arouse your interest. The rally backs throw out souvenirs in between innings; there are races and games on the scoreboard; and there are quizzes to clean out the cob webs in the brain and an opportunity to guess the night's attendance.


I truly enjoyed and am continuing to enjoy by birthday gift from my children, Ken and Jennifer. Thanks kids. I love you.

No comments: