Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In Memory Of Lynn

Today, Bob Jones and I took Lynn to the veterinarian, where he administered euthanasia to Lynn. Lynn has been our pet since September 1993. She is an offspring of my niece’s pet, Sugar.

I grew fond of Lynn since Day “1”. When she was small, she would sit on the back of my platform rocker leaning against my neck. When I was home, she would always be at my side, and when I left for vacation, she would jump up and down when I returned home.

My children could not believe my fondness for Lynn. When they were growing up, they were held responsible for taking care of their pets. They assumed I didn’t care for animals.

I will miss Lynn. She meant a lot to me. She is resting in peace instead of suffering from congestive heart failure, an enlarged heart, an enlarged liver and many other things that go along with failing organs.

It was difficult to make a decision on euthanasia and to witness the incident. The doctor said that we made the right decision, and Bob and I are glad that we stayed there to watch. We left knowing she is resting in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck, please know that Margie and I know how you feel, having had to make such a decision in regards to Shea (our yellow lab) and Banner (our palomino horse). As you and I dicussed earlier this week, we have to think about our pet, and not ourselves when making these decisions. Tonight you have to be pleased knowing that Lynn is again healthy, and romping around in Heaven.